Louisiana State University Eunice is located just southwest of Eunice along Louisiana Highway 755 on a 196-acre tract of land originally belonging to the Arnold LeDoux family, which donated fifty acres for the establishment of the University campus. The University originally purchased an additional fifty acres and later acquired another 95.83 acres for future expansion. The campus is located in Acadia Parish, near the boundaries of Evangeline and St. Landry Parishes, in a rich and fertile section of Southwest Louisiana referred to as "the tri-parish area."
The LSU Board of Supervisors was authorized by Revised Statute 17:1521 to establish Louisiana State University at Eunice. Acting under this authority, the Board set in motion the chain of events leading to the establishment of a two-year commuter college at Eunice, with ground-breaking ceremonies in May 1966.
Louisiana State University Eunice is committed to the principle that individuals should have the opportunity to develop themselves through education commensurate with their capabilities and interests. To this end, the University strives to provide educational programs and related services which reflect and respond to the diversified interests, aptitudes, talents, needs, and goals of its constituency.
Consistent with its mission, Louisiana State University Eunice works to achieve the following goals:
1. Students complete associate degree or certificate programs prepared to enter the work force.
2. Students complete the first two or more years of baccalaureate study prepared to transfer to four-year institutions to complete their degrees.
3. Students fulfill general education and continuing education needs through a variety of educational offerings at various teaching sites and times.
4. Students who need developmental instruction acquire the knowledge and skills to prepare them for collegiate study.
5. Students receive support and assistance in reaching academic, personal, career, and employment goals.
6. Students participate in extracurricular activities to meet personal, artistic, or intellectual interests.
7. Students find facilities and resources adequate in classrooms, laboratories, the library, and recreational areas.
8. Citizens of LSUE's service area find educational opportunities to meet changing employment needs.
9. Citizens experience cultural enrichment and personal development through participating in programs offered as a community service.
In pursuing these goals, Louisiana State University Eunice is committed to maintaining the highest academic and professional standards in all of its educational and related programs and services. To this end, the University will endeavor to recruit the best qualified personnel available for its various programs and will encourage the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff as a continuous process.