Gear 2 Geaux
The LSUE LeDoux Library offers laptops available for students to check-out. Any laptop
not returned will be charged to your fee bill. You must be an LSUE STUDENT with a student ID to be eligible for Gear2Geaux. You can request in person to be put on a waiting list for a laptop. The Library will
contact you if one becomes available. Your request does not carry over to the next
day, nor will you be contacted if a laptop becomes available less than 2 hours before
the Library closes.
- Current LSUE Students
- A current, validated LSUE Student ID is required for check-out.
- Circulation is limited to students with current check-out privileges.
- Students who routinely return electronic items late or who have checked out items
and never returned them may lose their electronic checkout privileges.
Loan Periods and Fines
- 72 hour checkout
- $50.00 minimum, non-refundable overdue fine
- The overdue fine for laptops will increase depending on the length of time between
billing and return of item.
- $1600.00 replacement cost
- Note that a police report will be filed for lost equipment.
- $30.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of the item.
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours past due time.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the full replacement cost if the checked-out item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also
responsible for the full cost of repair parts and services if the item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Damage or lost charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard library notification
- Technically, electronic devices may not be renewed; they must be brought back to the
Library and discharged from the student’s account. If enough items are available,
the item may be checked back out to the student.
- In order for a laptop to be checked back out to the same student, the Library must
have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss, or damage of items to the Library (337) 550-1380.
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME and INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the LSUE Library Circulation Desk.
Important Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library
by LSUE Security and/or Library personnel.