LSUE Testing Center Policies and Procedures
- To keep your test secure and to maintain confidentiality, the Testing Center has procedures
and policies that regulate your behavior in the Testing Center. Any student who takes
a test in the Testing Center — whether or not he or she is a LSU Eunice student —
must comply with these regulations. Failure to do so may mean that you are ineligible
to take your exam, or may lead to harsher academic penalties.
- Testing Center computers are monitored electronically.
- Students are required to arrive at the Testing Center 15 minutes before their scheduled
appointments. Students who arrive late may be required to reschedule and a rescheduling
fee will be assessed.
- LSU Eunice students must bring their LSUE student ID. Test-takers who are not LSU
Eunice students must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID, like a driver's license.
- Students are encouraged to bring only the items required for testing. All personal
items must be stored in available lockers.
- Cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off and may not be brought into
the Testing Center.
- We are not responsible for items left unattended.
- Anyone taking an exam in the Testing Center must demonstrate responsible academic
conduct. Those taking exams are expected to always follow the examination’s regulations
and the instructions of Testing Center staff.
- Paper tests, scratch paper, and writing implements must be turned in to the proctor
before you exit the Testing Center.
- Students from other universities are responsible for communicating with their institution
and making arrangements to have their exam proctored at LSU Eunice.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center and may not be left unattended outside
the Testing Center or any other area of the college.
- Break policy varies depending on the type of exam a student is taking. Students taking
a written exam are prohibited from leaving the Testing Center once the test has been
started. Students taking the Placement Test may take a break in between tests.
Not Allowed in Testing Center
The following items are NOT permitted in the Testing Center:
- Food, beverages, gum, water bottles
- Hats, caps and other headgear, with the exception of headgear worn for religious reasons
- Carried-in clothing
- Writing implements, notes, books
- Cell phones and electronic devices, including flash drives and fitness tracking devices
- Bags, backpacks, purses
Test-takers may NOT:
- Give or receive unauthorized assistance of any kind
- Use any aids (including books, notes, calculators, computers and websites) that are
not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Attempt to take an examination for someone else
- Cause any kind of disturbance in the Testing Center
- Remove or attempt to remove questions, responses, notes or scratch paper from the
- Share notes or calculators with other test-takers
- Tamper with the operation of the testing computer, or attempt to use it for any function
other than taking the exam
- Talk in the testing area
What happens if I violate a Testing Center Policy?
Any violation of our policies will result in your immediate dismissal from the Testing
Center. If you engage in misconduct, you may not only be dismissed from the Testing
Center, but may face a failing grade on your exam and further disciplinary action,
including (but not limited to) suspension of Testing Center privileges.