Office of Financial Aid – Applying for Aid
Step 1 – Apply for Admissions
- Apply for admission to LSU Eunice at www.lsue.edu/apply.
- Your application will be processed within 10 business days after submission. You will receive an acceptance letter after your application has been processed.
Step 2 – Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Use LSU Eunice’s School Code: 002012
- Monitor the status of your financial aid file through your myLSUE account
- Financial Aid tab
- University email
Step 3 – Award Processing
- Once awarded, you will see your Award Letter under the Financial Aid tab in your myLSUE account. Here you will be required to process the program award(s) offered. There are three (3) options:
- Accept – bullet remains under the “Accept” column for applicable program, read certification statement, and hit [SUBMIT].
- Decline – bullet is placed under the “Decline” column for applicable program, read certification statement and hit [SUBMIT].
- Reduce – bullet is placed under the “Reduce” column for applicable program, desired amount is entered in box to the right and hit [SUBMIT].
- If a loan is accepted during the awarding process and the student is a first time borrower at LSU Eunice:
- Loan Officer will certify loan and send email to student with instructions for completing Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling
Step 4 – Disbursement
The Financial Aid Office releases files to the Business Office every two weeks beginning the week after the 14th class day of each semester (7th class day during summer sessions). The Business Office then runs a Financial Aid Posting (FAP) with the released files. Students will view a summary of all federal funds posted to their student billing account for the current semester on the Home tab of their myLSUE account. The summary includes a general time frame that a check will be issued to the student.