Online Accessibility "How To" Tips and Resources
As members of the LSUE community, all employees have an accessibility responsibility, particularly those who:
- Prepare documents
- Manage social media accounts
- Design graphics
- Review or approve purchases
- Manage websites, databases, online calendars
- Onboard new employees
Website Accessibility Checker
LSUE utilizes Omni CMS's built-in website checker for accessibility. Please contact OIT for information on the Omni CMS checker.
Videos should be created in a way that ensure that all consumers can access the content.
- Zoom Video Conferencing - LSUE offers Zoom Video Conferencing for hosting meetings and webinars. If a Zoom session is recorded and saved to the cloud, Zoom can generate captions for the archived video using automatic speech recognition (ASR). These typically require editing before they are suitable for publication, but the ASR process saves time over captioning from scratch. For specific instructions, see Automatically Transcribing Cloud Recordings within the Zoom Help Center.
- Panopto Lecture Capture - LSUE offers lecture capture services through an external service called Panopto. Panopto can generate captions using automatic speech recognition (ASR). These typically require editing before they are suitable for publication, but the ASR process saves time over captioning video from scratch. For specific instructions, see How to Add Captions into a Panopto Video.
Moodle / myCourses
Moodle is designed to provide equal functionality and information to all people. This means that there should be no barriers for people regardless of disabilities, assistive technologies that are used, different screen sizes and different input devices (e.g. mouse, keyboard and touchscreen). For more information on Moodle and its development, please visit Moodle Accessibility.
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the accessibility checker provided within Microsoft Office products to ensure files are accessible.
LSUE has purchased an enterprise license for Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Adobe Pro. Active faculty and staff have access to download this service. Please review the Adobe Creative Cloud page for information on how to acquire the product.
Email accessibility describes the creation of email content so that the email can reach the greatest amount of readers including readers with disabilities.