Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is made up of student members and executive officers elected by the student body who serve one-year terms of office in service of students at LSUE. SGA engages in a wide variety of activities of interest to students, including planning campus activities, funding student organization initiatives, and hearing and voicing student issues to University administration and faculty. Also, SGA members are selected to serve on various university committees. Attendance at SGA General Assembly meetings is open to all students, so view the LSUE Events Calendar for more information on upcoming meetings.
2022-2023 SGA Officer Application
Application deadline: August 31
All students who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to run for office. There are eight (8) freshman senator positions, six (6) sophomore senator positions, and two (2) unclassified senator positions. Elections are held every Fall semester, and Senators serve a one year term.
Senators are primarily responsible for representing their constituency groups at SGA meetings and to University administration, including writing and proposing legislation for campus improvement projects, resolutions, and other proposed actions.
Typically, the Executive Board is elected in the spring. Howeer, there are three open Executive Board positions that will be elected with the Senators this Fall.
- 2.25 cumulative GPA (does not apply to Freshmen with no prior college)
- Able to attend meetings on campus at 12:00 PM on Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters
- August 31 - Application deadline
- September 1 - Candidates confirmed
- September 2 - Campaigning begins
- September 13 - Campaigning ends
- September 14 - Voting begins 12:01 AM, Voting ends 11:59 PM
- September 15 - Officers confirmed
- September 21 - First SGA Meeting with Confirmed Officers