Admission Frequently Asked Questions


Considering LSUE?


I want to tour the campus, how do I do that?

Campus tours are set up through our Enrollment Management department. For more information, you can contact them at 337-550-1218.

Keywords: Campus tour, enrollment management, tour, visit


How can I find out what degrees your school offers?

You can visit to see a list of the degrees and programs we offer.

Keywords: Degree, major, academics, programs


What degrees are offered completely online?

Criminal Justice, Fire & Emergency Services, General Studies, LA Transfer - Humanities, LA Transfer - Social Sciences, and Medical Coding & Billing

Keywords: Online, online degrees, CALL


Who can take online classes?

Non-pathways students or CALL students are the only ones who can take online classes. If you have never attended a college or do not have current (less than 5 years old) ACT scores, you will be placed in Pathways which will make you ineligible to take online classes until you complete the pathways program.

Keywords: Online, online degrees, CALL, online classes


How do I know if the classes I will take will transfer to another university?

When you meet with your advisor, you will tell them the school you are wanting to transfer to and they will be able to check the articulation matrix here to determine which classes will transfer.

Keywords: Admissions, transfer, classes, schedule, student record


I want to learn more about taking classes on the LSUA campus. Who do I contact?

You can contact Ms. Polly Boersig at 318-767-2608.                   

Keywords: LSUA, Alexandria


I am currently a student at another college and I just want to take a few classes in the summer, what do I do?

You will need to fill out an application and select VISITING STUDENT. Please note that you will need to request official transcripts from any previously attended colleges in order to complete your admissions file. Failure to do so will result in a hold being placed on your account which will prevent you from obtaining your transcript here.

Keywords: Admissions, visiting student, transfer, summer


I am currently a student at another college and I want to take classes at LSUE during the same semester, what do I need to do?

You will need to get special permission from both schools to be enrolled concurrently. The special permissions must be approved before you can begin any classes.

Keywords: Admissions, visiting student, transfer, summer


What type of housing does LSUE offer?

On our property, we have Bengal Village Apartments. For more information regarding housing, you can contact Stephen Howard at     337-550-7800.

Keywords: Housing, Bengal village, dorms, campus living


How do I apply for an academic scholarship?

To view requirements and to apply for a scholarship, visit

Keywords: scholarships, scholarship


New Students


I want to apply, what is my first step?

Click  and fill out the online application for admissions. You will then need to pay the $25 application fee before your application will be processed. If you do not have a credit card or pay pal, you can contact the business office 337-550-1262 to make payment arrangements.

Keywords: Apply, admissions, application


What if I want to take classes on the LSUA campus?

You will need to go to and select LSUA as your campus.

Keywords: LSUA, Alexandria


I need to pay my application fee, how do I do that?

There will be no application fee, this $25 enrollment fee will now be included on students course and fee statement when an applicant registers for courses.

Keywords: Admissions, application, fee, payment


What happens after I fill out the application?

Your application will be processed and you should expect to get a letter in the mail in 5-10 business days. This letter will contain a username and password and instructions on how to log on to your myLSUE. You will also need to set up your university e-mail account because from this point forward, you will only receive your mail through this account.

Keywords: After application, after apply, admissions


If I didn’t come in the Summer semester, do I need to reapply in the Fall?

No, the only time you need to reapply is if you have sat out a Fall or Spring semester. Before you reapply, we suggest you call the Admissions office 337-550-1329 to find out if you need to reapply.

Keywords: Summer only, reapply, current student, admissions


What do I do after I receive my letter? How do I know what I am missing?

You will log on to your myLSUE and anything you are missing will be listed there under the Admissions Information tab. Please make sure you are viewing the correct semester.

Keywords: acceptance letter, admissions letter, id, user name, password, lost letter


What happens if I lose my acceptance letter with my user name and password? How can I retrieve it?

The student can contact our OIT 337-550-1307 to retrieve the lost information OR The student can come to the Admissions office with a pictured I.D. to get a duplicate acceptance letter if he/she has applied for a future semester that has not yet begun.

Keywords: acceptance letter, admissions letter, id, user name, password, lost letter


Who do I turn in my immunizations to?

Enrollment Management - they are located in the Acadian Center at the Geaux Center. The phone number is 337-550-1218. Their fax number is 337-550-1266.

Keywords: Immunization, shot record


I just graduated high school and it says Admissions is still missing my high school transcript, what do I need to do?

We receive high school transcripts for students who recently graduated from an accredited Louisiana high school electronically typically in a batch around mid-June. If by July 1st, it still is showing that we did not receive your high school transcript; you can contact admissions at 337-550-1305 to find out your next step.

Keywords: Admissions, transcript, high school, provisional


It says that Admissions is requesting a transcript to a school I never attended, what do I do?

You will need to contact that school and have them send a letter on their official letterhead paper stating that you have no record there.

Keywords: Admissions, transcript, missing, provisional


What is Pathways?

It is a program designed to help students succeed in their remedial classes. Students who score below a 15 or below on their ACT, students who have ACT scores older than 5 years, or no ACT scores will be placed in the Pathways to Success Program. You can learn more about the program by clicking here.

Keywords: Pathways, developmental education, remedial


How do I schedule classes?

If an orientation is required, you will need to attend an orientation before you can schedule classes.

If an orientation is NOT required, you will need to meet with your advisor to schedule your classes.

Keywords: Schedule classes, schedule, classes, registration


How do I sign up for orientation?

Students can log on to their myLSUE and click the link stating “Register for Orientation Here”. You can also access the link through our website There is a $30 orientation fee that must be paid in order for the student to be able to check-in at orientation.

Keywords: Admissions, orientation


I need to pay my orientation fee, how do I do that?

You can contact our Business Office 337-550-1262 to make payment arrangements.

Keywords: Admissions, orientation, fee, payment


I’ve decided to change my major after attending Orientation. What are my next steps?

You will need to fill out the Change of Major Form. Once these changes have been made, you will have to meet with your new advisor to reschedule classes.

Keywords: change major, schedule classes


How do I know who my advisor is? His/Her phone number? Office location?

When you log on to your myLSUE, on your home screen you will see a section called Advising Information. All of your advisor’s information will be listed there.

Keywords: Advisor, advisors

What happens if my advisor isn’t answering my calls or e-mails?

You can contact your Division Head. Your division head information is also listed under the Advising Information in myLSUE.

Keywords: Advisor, advisors 


Can I come to campus and register or see my advisor anytime? 

Always call your advisor or the division of study before you take off of work or drive out to come to our campus only to find out that your advisor is teaching or will not be available on campus. Advisors have office hours that are available for students, if you are unsure of your advisor’s office hours it is always best to e-mail them and ask.

Keywords: Advisor, division head, register, office hours, scheduling


How do I know if I qualify for Financial Aid?

You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid each year to determine your eligibility. 

Keywords: financial aid, FAFSA


It says that I am missing documents for financial aid, who do I contact?

Financial aid is the only office on campus that can answer questions regarding your financial aid. They can be reached at 337-550-1282.

Keywords: financial aid, missing documents


I need to pay my tuition. How do I do that?

Online through the Pay Fees tab of your mylsue. Over the phone at 337-550-1262. Or in-person at the Business Office with cash, a credit/debit card, a money order, or a check.

Keywords: tuition, fees, pay, Business Office


If I am a LSUE student taking classes on the LSUA campus, where do I pay?

All payments must be made through LSUE. You can contact our Business Office at 337-550-1262 for information on how to make payment arrangements.

Keywords: LSUA, Alexandria


I just logged into myCourses. Why don’t I see my classes?

If this is the first time that you logged into myCourses, your classes will not be loaded until the next morning.

Keywords: classes, myCourses, schedule


How do I know which textbooks I need?

On the homepage of your mylsue account, there is a link labeled “Buy My Books.” Required textbooks are also listed on It is common for students to wait until the first week of class to purchase their books.

Keywords: books, bookstore, textbooks


Current Students


How do I request a transcript?

This link will take you the page to request a transcript. Follow the instructions from there on how to request a transcript. It will give you steps on different ways you can request it.

Keywords: Transcript, student records


Can I repeat a course if I made a “C’ in it but I want to try and get a higher grade?

No, you must have made a “D” or below to be allowed to repeat a course.

*** There are exceptions to this rule for certain divisions. If you are unsure, check with your advisor.

Keywords: Repeat courses?


When do I apply for graduation? 

Students must state their intent to graduate by completing an Application for Degree/Certificate that is located online  You can also get it in the Division Office of the department you are graduating from or your Advisor no later than the registration period for the academic session in which they expect to complete degree requirements.  If you know you are going to graduate, do not be afraid to submit the application before the registration period of the semester you are going to graduate. 

Keywords: Graduation, graduating, application


What happens after I fill out the application for graduation?

You will need to take the completed form to the business office and pay the $20 fee. The business office will then forward the application to the Registrar’s office. It will then be processed and sent to the appropriate Division head for a degree audit. Finally, the student will be notified by mail in regards to whether they have completed all the necessary requirements to graduate.

Keywords: Graduation, graduating, application


What if I do not need to take any classes the semester I am graduating? 

 You will still have to register for degree only with your advisor and pay $5 fee in the business office to keep you active in the system.

Keywords: graduation, graduating, degree only


LAST UPDATE: September 20, 2019