Step 1 – Complete Online Application and your FAFSA application before application
1. Create a FAFSA id for you and your parent (save these in a safe place since you
will need these for years to come)
2. Use your tax documents for the correct years to complete the FASFA for the upcoming
3. Digitally sign your FAFSA (both student and parent)
4. Submit your completed FAFSA
Step 2 – Application closes on the deadline
Step 3 – Director of Academy request all transcripts and test scores from your high
Step 4 – Your eligibility for the LSUE Academy is determined
Step 5 – Academy Director accepts or denies your application
Step 6 – You receive a letter in the mail by May 15th with your acceptance or denial.
If you are accepted, this letter contains your LSUE username and password for all
your account information. If you are denied, you may stop here.
Step 7 – Set up your email and myLSUE using the instructions located in your LSUE
acceptance letter. Log onto myCourses to activate your account. (links to all can
be found on the LSUE Website).
Step 8 – Check your email daily for two forms:
1. Consent form
2. Course Registration Form
Step 9 – Review and sign both of the above forms, scan them, and email them back to
the Director of the Academy.
Step 10 – Complete the Orientation process. (See your Welcome Letter from the LSUE
Academy for instructions)
Step 11 – Pay for your classes online (Pay My Fees in your myLSUE) before the payment
deadline. (See academic calendar)
Step 12 – Obtain a parking pass
1. Complete the vehicle information under Student Services tab on your myLSUE page
2. Go to the Security Office on the LSUE campus (see campus map) and pick up your
parking tag (one per year) – You will need your LSUE ID #
3. Go to the Business Office Counter (Science Building First floor) and pay for your
4. Place the tag on your car according to the instructions given to you
Step 13 – Get your Student ID in C204 (Community Education) – You will need your LSUE