Applying for VA Benefits

Once you have submitted your application for admission to LSU Eunice, you should apply for your VA Education Benefits (GI Bill).

New Students    

  • To apply, complete the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP).
  • If you are a spouse or dependent applying for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, the service member must first request a transfer of benefits before you submit the VONAPP.

Transfer Students

  • If you received VA benefits at another school, you will need to submit a change on the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP).

Prior to beginning the application process, you will need to gather some important documents.  Review the chart to see which documents you may need depending on the benefit you are applying for. 

The VA Regional Office in Muskogee, OK will process your application and notify you by mail.

Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing. For questions about your status contact the VA Regional Office at 1-888-442-4551.  If you are eligible for VA benefits, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Copies of this, as well as the other documents listed in the chart will need to be turned in to the LSU Eunice Veterans Affairs Office in order to begin receiving benefits.


Current rates of payment for VA Education Benefits may be found at:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Handouts and Forms may be found at:


Veterans Affairs LSU Eunice
Office of Student Affairs & Enrollment Services
Acadian Center, Room 112
P.O. Box 1129
Eunice, LA 70535