Commencement Information for Graduates
COMMENCEMENT IS AN OBLIGATION. ALL STUDENTS NEED TO BE PRESENT FOR THE COMMENCEMENT
** In order to graduate, each student must have all fees paid including the diploma
fee, parking fines, and library fines. **
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATION FORM
- Everyone must complete the online form by October 29, 2018.
- If it is impossible for you to attend the commencement ceremony, permission to be
absent must be obtained using the Attendance Confirmation Form.
- Make sure to indicate on this form if any special accommodations are needed for either
yourself or your guests.
- We will be recognizing graduates who have served or are serving in the US Military.
If this applies to you and you wish to be honored, please indicate on the Attendance
- Each student will be allocated 6 tickets.
- Further information regarding the issuing of tickets will be provided via email by
- Additional tickets are NOT available due to space limitations and fire marshal regulations.
- Every guest entering the gym for the ceremony, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- All students must wear an OFFICIAL PURPLE LSUE cap and gown during graduation.
- Regalia must be ordered through the LSUE Bookstore (by phone [337-550-1281] or in
- Deadline to order regalia is November 9, 2018 before 4:00 p.m. Payment must be received with all orders.
- Regalia - $51.20 ($56.27 with tax)
- Tassel Only - $5.50 ($6.04 with tax)
- Honor Cords - 6.00 ($6.59 with tax)
- Late fees will be charged for orders made after the due date.
- Announcements may also be ordered through the LSU Eunice Bookstore.
- Regalia can be picked up at the LSU Eunice Bookstore during the week of finals until
- Honor cords are optional. Students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher may wear one cord,
while students with a GPA of 3.8 or higher may wear 2 cords. The approximate cost
of the cords is $6.59 each and can be purchased beginning Wednesday, December 12, 2018 until the start of commencement.
- Phi Theta Kappa members may wear the organizational cord. Please contact the PTK
President if you are interested.
- Dress code: Men must wear dark colored pants. Women must wear dark pants, dresses,
- All graduates must wear dark shoes. Flip flops/tennis shoes ARE NOT allowed.
- Every graduate will take a picture at check-in and on stage while receiving their
diploma. for graduation. During check in, you will then receive information about
purchasing the photos. Trosclair Photography (Eunice, LA) will be taking graduate
photos before and during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be issued in the Acadian Center after graduation. Report to the North
Commons Area immediately after commencement to pick up your diploma.
- A reception for graduates and guests will be held in the Acadian Center immediately
Graduate Check in:
Friday, December 14, 2018
8:30 a.m. - Acadian Center
Friday, December 14, 2018
10:00 a.m. - HPE Building