Commencement Information for Graduates
COMMENCEMENT IS AN OBLIGATION. ALL STUDENTS NEED TO BE PRESENT FOR THE COMMENCEMENT
** In order to graduate, each student must have all fees paid including the diploma
fee, parking fines, and library fines. **
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATION FORM
- Everyone must complete the online form by October 30, 2017.
- If it is impossible for you to attend the commencement ceremony, permission to be
absent must be obtained using the Attendance Confirmation Form.
- Make sure to indicate on this form if any special accommodations are needed for either
yourself or your guests.
- We will be recognizing graduates who have served or are serving in the US Military.
If this applies to you and you wish to be honored, please indicate on the Attendance
- Each student will be allocated 10 tickets.
- Further information regarding the issuing of tickets will be provided via email by
December 1, 2017.
- Additional tickets are NOT available due to space limitations and fire marshal regulations.
- Every guest entering the gym for the ceremony, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- All students must wear an OFFICIAL PURPLE LSUE cap and gown during graduation.
- Regalia must be ordered through the LSUE Bookstore (by phone [337-550-1281] or in
- Deadline to order regalia is October 30, 2017 before 4:00 p.m. Payment must be received with all orders.
- Late fees will be charged for orders made after the due date.
- Announcements may also be ordered through the LSU Eunice Bookstore.
- Regalia can be picked up at the LSU Eunice Bookstore during the week of finals until
- Honor cords are optional. Students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher may wear one cord,
while students with a GPA of 3.8 or higher may wear 2 cords. The approximate cost
of the cords is $6.57 each and can be purchased beginning Wednesday, December 13, 2017 until the start of commencement.
- Phi Theta Kappa members may wear the organizational cord. Please contact the PTK
President if you are interested.
- Dress code: Men must wear dark colored pants. Women must wear dark pants, dresses,
- All graduates must wear dark shoes. Flip flops/tennis shoes ARE NOT allowed.
- Every graduate will take a picture at check-in for graduation. You will then receive
information about ordering photos and videos online.
- Diplomas will be issued in the Acadian Center after graduation. Report to the North
Commons Area immediately after commencement to pick up your diploma.
- A reception for graduates and guests will be held in the Acadian Center immediately
Graduate Check in:
Friday, December 15, 2017
8:30 a.m. - Acadian Center
Friday, December 15, 2017
10:00 a.m. - HPE Building